B R O W S E ....
Delicious and easy roasted pepper and tomato soup!
I am a major lover of homemade soups and have been wanting to try and make own as much as possible. Especially when I want to get rid of some veggies that are going bad.
I know people don’t really read the first few paragraphs, so I won’t write too much here.
Here are some great recipe’s for this type of soup:
As I didn’t use a recipe, used them for guidance. I will share what I used below.
- Chef Savvy | Creamy Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- Don’t Waste the Crumbs | Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
What did I do for my soup?
- 3 Large Peppers, 1 Red & 2 Yellow Peppers
- 1 Small onion
- 2.5 Pounds of Tomato’s on the Vine
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Better than Bouillon, Chicken Flavor
- 2 Cups Water
What I did:
- Roughly chop the peppers (about 2-inch cubes)
- Sliced the onion
- Cut the tomatoes in half
- Places all above on a sheet pan
- Drizzled olive oil all over
- Seasoned to taste
- Mix all together with hands
- Roasted at 400 degrees for 35 minutes
- Tossed everything into a blender with 2 cups water & bouillon flavoring
- Blended well
- Strain well to get rid of the pesky tomato skin
Then I ate all the above with some declivous grilled cheese. It was oh so yummy!