B R O W S E ....
What kind of camera gear do we take to every photo session and wedding?
We get asked about our gear, so I am finally making a blog about what we all bring in our bag to weddings & sessions for Natural Intuition Photography. What kind of camera gear do we carry with us!?
First, know that you DO NOT need the best of the best equipment as a photograph! We buy most of our gear used, as we love, or save money when we can! Make sure you know who you are buying from, as some scammers are out there! I buy from friends mostly when they upgrade.
Our full camera gear list:
- 3 Nikon 750’s (I shoot with 2 & Justin shoots with 1)
- We also have 2 750s as backups
- 2 Nikon 50mm 1.4
- Nikon 85mm 1.8
- Sigma 24mm 1.4
- Nikon 70-200mm
- Nikon 24-70mm
- 3 Nikon Flashes – 700, 800 & 910
- Pelican 0915 Memory Card Case for 12 SD filled with cards
- 20 extra flash batteries – rechargeable
- 6 extra camera batteries
- Instax Camera for selfies with our clients
- HoldFast Money Maker camera strap for me
- Black Rapid for Justin camera strap
- Pelican Rolling Camera Case
- Holdfast Quiver that attaches to my Money Maker
- Plastic Bags for the camera on sprinkly rain days
- Fabric cloths to wipe camera glass
That’s it all – all our camera gear that we bring with us on all sessions, weddings, and destination weddings too!
When we travel, we only bring one camera body & the 50mm, 85mm & 24mm. I’ve tried only getting one lens and hated it so much I HAVE to bring all three!
When I first started I couldn’t afford to have this much camera gear!
I started with one camera body & 2 lenses! I rented the 2nd camera for most weddings, as it was cheaper this way. I have to admit I am not the easiest on my gear! I show wear for sure! Most of our weddings are outdoors, and we have to climb trees, walk through tall grass, or hike a bit. So it gets beat up quickly. But when it stops working, I send it in to get fixed!
ADVICE FOR FUTURE PHOTOGS!
Start small, and grow as you grow! Don’t worry about having new camera gear every year as some do. We upgrade every 3+ years! Or we get our equipment cleaned and fixed. Depending on our budget! You can even rent and try before you buy too!